Advertisement

Being driven mad by a Taurean man

topic posted Mon, July 13, 2009 - 2:01 AM by  SecSip
Share/Save/Bookmark
I'm currently seeing a Taurus man but we aren't in a relationship (the title boyfriend/girlfriend isn't there). I will say this does bother me a bit because I always needed the security to feel the most relaxed but I am very drawn to him and am laying myself on the line.

Though I met him in a social situation I'm not all that social and it seems he's fallen into the pattern of me either going to his place or him mine and us just watching movies and usually crashing at one another's place. Just to clarify this has not been a purely sexual thing either so that's what's confusing me more.

The thing is he doesn't take me out. If I'm already out his time is spent with me but he doesn't take me out. He goes out with his friends every weekend. That and there's no commitment, which makes me wonder if there would ever be any form. I'm not use to this.

Not only that but he appears to be bringing out this submissive nature in me. Granted I'm a Pisces but let's not forget that we have other signs in our charts. I guess he has noticed too because the night before he said, "Move two inches to the right." which I did. Then he said, "Move two inches back." which of course I did because I though he wanted me to shift my weight more comfortably on his leg. That is when he jokingly remarked that I do appear to do everything he asks me to. I tried to laugh at it and said that I do not and that if he asked me to stand on my head I would not and he said, "Yes you would." This weighed heavy on my head. What if he hates this quality in a woman and the last thing I want is to become predictable and boring.

I was with a Taurus before and we lived together and I thought I had at least a little understanding. But we were both young. I'm a very impatient person so I don't know if it's my impatience or something else.

Him: Taurus
Me: Pisces
posted by:
SecSip
Pittsburgh
Advertisement
  • Re: Being driven mad by a Taurean man

Mon, July 13, 2009 - 1:59 PM
    Wow, it seems he turned me into this. I was completely different and that led me nowhere and it felt so much like a game.

My Mars is in Aries so I always thought it kinda counter balanced my Piscean Sun and Venus. He on the other hand is a Venus Bull and a Cancer Mars.

I didn't think Taurus men were like this. Now I'm just confused.

Mon, July 13, 2009 - 2:11 PM
      You know I felt tested and said, "Stop testing me" I can't remember if he said that he was done, he will or if he didn't need to anymore. After I brought it up an hour or two later he said I needed to just learn to relax.

Now I'm really thinking.

Fri, July 17, 2009 - 10:07 PM
        I don't know, perhaps I am a different kind of Taurus, but I like confident but submissive women. It just shows me that they are really into me.This just makes my bond deeper with her. My Mars is in Cancer like his and we like the closeness and a bit of clingyness from a woman.

With a Taurus his woman becomes his possession, He should be taking you out, though I am sure he enjoys time at home alone with you. Try to make yourself more unavailable every now and then to see how he reacts and if he tries to move in closer or not. He could also have some planets in an air sign, or have that rising which would make him act more aloof. I would look to the rest of his chart and the synastry there to yours. Aspects to Pluto can also trigger obsessions.

Pisces and Pisces rising are my absolute favorites! Don't worry about any tests, just be yourself and if he isn't head over heels for you, a better one will come.

Thu, July 23, 2009 - 10:21 AM
          If he's any bit like that he's not admitting to it.

Sun, October 18, 2009 - 12:41 AM
            I like my girls to listen to me, because our woman belong to us (in our heads, anyway). I'm sure he likes that so don't trip. Dwelling on it may disturb his peace and push him away. Taurus are homebodies, the truth is he feels more comfortable just laying around with you. You could just take initiative and tell him that you're going somewhere. He'll learn that you just want him to go with you. Taurus need to be tamed, because you can't push him anywhere.
  • Unsu...

Re: Being driven mad by a Taurean man

Sat, July 18, 2009 - 9:30 AM
    Sounds to me like he's too comfortable.

Don't let him get too comfortable. Taurus' stick to the tried and true. Don't give in so easily! It's not wise to let him think that your are going to be around no matter what. Ditch him for your friends one night, dress up sexy and let him know you're going out without him. Haha, if he doesn't spend the whole night trying to call you, or find out where you are, etc. or even just a small text hoping that you're having a good time, then clearly you don't pull any rank with him, and should move on. Seriously, you shouldn't be okay with feeling like second best. You seem like a sincere and good person to be around. !

Or You know, you could always just Say, "hey dude, I've got some other opportunities to date other people. I want to know if you see yourself dating me, or not".

or call him on it:

"Do you want to date me or what?"

Of course my advice is a bit out there, but hey, it's still advice. I used tobe a bit too submissive with a guy I realy liked, and ended up getting burned. And sex for the sake of sex may not be enough to satisfy your emotional side. Trust your instincts, and listen to your heart!

Mon, July 20, 2009 - 6:51 PM
      I've gotten what appeared to be very insecure txt messages from him before that I wouldn't reply to when I was out or about. That's what confuses me about him so much. One time I was out and I txt'd him when I got in. I woke up to a txt message "243?" I didn't know what it meant at the time but I figured it out. He was pointing out how late I had come home that night.

Though he acts very much like a Taurus I do have to point out that he has both a Taurus and a Cancer Stellium.
  • al
    al
    offline 0

Thu, July 23, 2009 - 12:42 PM
    He is just slow...he is a Taurus.Do not give up on him and mostly do not try too hard to make him jealous. He can have a Scorpio moon like me and he might try to get " revenge". It is that what you want? Better a straight discussion with him... something like:"hey dude what are your intentions?". Yes, we are kind of noncommittal.

Thu, July 23, 2009 - 3:17 PM
      He has a Cancer Moon so I'm not sure if he's forthcoming with what he feels. But then again I don't want to assume what he feels either way.
      • Unsu...

Thu, July 23, 2009 - 3:50 PM
        you keep sharing the story with us but we don't really have the answer. We can only speculate.

This guy has the answer.

i know you don't want to be full on blunt and ask him the exact questions on your mind but you may as well get some sort of clarity.

I've seen women speak to each other for hours and hours with their friends about a guy and what's going wrong with the relationship.

Why didn't the woman talk to the guy? I saw my friend Erica break up bitterly with a guy but she never spoke openly with this guy (also my friend), she just gossiped for ages about the guy to her gossipy friend.

Mon, July 27, 2009 - 8:36 PM

Jen is right, he's definitely too comfortable. He's already getting what he wants so he doesnt feel like he needs to work for it or show appreciation by taking you out etc. He also might be losing some respect for you because he seems to believe he has you in the palm of his hands-which he just well might. I was sort of in a similar situation: I consider my self a very independent and confident woman but something about his taurean stableness just made me want to melt in his arms or cry on his shoulders---he brought out a needy side in me I didnt know I had...and my airy libra mind started to rebel and feel uncomfortable...no one had ever made me feel like this. The sexy buggart had my emotions on a string. And if the sex is that good-granted I know its not all about sex...he just might well have your emotions on a string too. Try to make yourself more unavailable, let him see that you care for him but you choose it to be that way...therefore you're not to be taken for granted. That might mean leaving him a little jealous or confused once in a while....try doing some of the things jen suggested, take him in you arms and give him a mind blowing kiss and then pull away as if it never happened- leave him wanting more. Have mind blowing- all dressed up in langerie sex one night- then leave early the next morning and not call him for the rest of the week because "you've been busy" but when the five days end show him that you're all his again. MY suggestions might be out there but I have venus in scorpio, so excuse me. Besides, you're pisces-you all can be complete goddesses when you're ready. I'm not advising you to play games, just to have a little fun while you're 'waiting it out'. Besides, he'll appreciate it. At least he should. Good luck to you.

P.S.
    He does seem to care for you though. He's just being placid 'cuz he already has it so easy. I hear taurean men likes dominant women...so after trying all of the above (or not) just sweetly order him to take you on a date. "Darling, lets go on a date...a real one."

Tue, July 28, 2009 - 2:11 PM
      Any attempts at this point are worthless in my opinion. Things have already made a negative turn and I don't even know what set it off.

If Taureans are about brute honesty, he lacks that quality. Maybe it's his heavy Cancer influence. All I know is that I've grown tired of his latest mood change and disregard or should I say disrespect for me. Though he would get irate if I ever used the words disrespect or "used". I guess he can't face his own character traits.

Thu, July 30, 2009 - 1:28 AM
        I am starting to wonder... is there is a certain flaky-ness in taureans with cancerian or gemini influences in their charts? It could also be that they're just plain apathetic to commitment. Hope you didnt grow too attatch to him...then it wont hurt so deep but regardless, this too shall pass.

Thu, July 30, 2009 - 3:23 PM
          It's too late, I guess I got hurt deeper than I thought. I walked away from it all but he kept texting me last night with idiotic stuff (not trying to lure me into sex. they were more angry texts) that kept keeping me up. I would have shut my phone off but I use it as an alarm. He even said "fuck you" to me in one text. He was obviously drunk and up late so he obviously didn't go to work today.

So I go to do a load of laundry and who wanders by without even seeing me? he does. He's meandering out of a bar with some chick, drunk out of his skull and he takes her up to his place! Midday! He obviously didn't even go to bed.

Granted we were never a couple and I finally called him last night to stop with the texting because it was getting out of hand adn I wanted him to just stop all together. but seeing that made my stomach sink

Though I decided to move on I still feel nauseous and heart broken. Ouch... I don't remember the last time I felt like this.

Fri, July 31, 2009 - 9:34 AM
            I wouldn't say that taurus men don't like to commit,,,tho I
            have found that its better not to speculate based on a sign,,,
            its better to get a feel of the quality of the relation rather than thinking
            a sign has to be one way or another,,,

if someone wants to be with you then they will make time,,
            its that simple,,,if they are spending their energy being with others
            and on the phone with others then they can at least make some time
            in their busy life for you,,,if not,,,then lifes too short and there are many others
            on this planet that would maybe be more compatable with you, or at least
            for the experience of the moment,,,which may, or may not lead, to a series of moments,,,,

Fri, July 31, 2009 - 10:13 AM
              Obviously.

This guy is just a selfish prick who couldn't just be honest about anything. Oh and a manwhore to top it off. No matter what his sign is. Skinny thing with ears that stuck out, but being a Pisces we tend to go after the funny looking ones.
              • Unsu...

Fri, July 31, 2009 - 10:36 AM
                "...but being a Pisces we tend to go after the funny looking ones".

You mean that he seemed needy and you were willing to give whatever you thought he needed - without asking anything in return, initially?
                And then after a while it turned out you had needs as well - who were not met by him?

Still, I agree about the selfish prick part. I'm sure he could have treated you a lot better, if only he would have wanted to. I suppose that that's the price you have to pay for being a pisces or a neptunian person. You forget about your own needs initially and end up with selfish pricks. I'm sure there must be some cosmic law to explain the logic of that.

By the way, a big hug from me to cheer you up! Hope you will get over him without too many scarfs.
                XXX

Sat, August 1, 2009 - 6:39 AM
                  In a small way I guess that could be a yes, but not exactly.

He was affectionate in the beginning but he just didn't take me out. Not that I am much into going out since I really am a homebody anyway but it would have been nice since he would go out constantly with his friends which included females. What I didn't like most recently was his change in behavior which was cold. Turned around the eclipse exactly and he is a Cancer Moon. He became very distant and if he saw me in a social situation he acted as if he didn't know me and acted irritated with me if approached as if I was confronting him yet sought my attention elsewhere. One can basically say he was just, at that point, looking for selfish needs.

Glad he's gone.

Fri, July 31, 2009 - 11:14 AM
                To bad a Taurus man has left a bad taste in your mouth...

We are all not to be lumped together please....

Sun, August 2, 2009 - 8:58 AM
                  the eclipse and the cancer moon had nothing to do with it,,,if
                  someone has a relation with you in closed doors but doesn't go
                  out with you and in social settings refuses to acknowledge you
                  then all along he was only looking for a fuck buddy,,
                  thats why he was romantic at first and then cold,,,
                  the best you could have done was enjoy it for what it was,,,tho
                  women are the same with guys,,,so it works both ways,,

Thu, August 20, 2009 - 11:19 PM
    SecSip =]

Wow I just went through the same as I was reading this post. I felt like the words were coming right out of my mouth and heart. I feel deep for Aaron Andersen (Taurean Man) in the begining I kept pinching to see if this was real. Then it turn into what you just wrote like if I had two different men in my life. Our private intimate experience was so intense and absolutley perfect. Just the big switch really through me =]

I miss him very much it has been a month and 1/2 since we have seen eachother it just tears me up inside

I'm right with ya

~Sunny~
  • Unsu...

Sun, August 23, 2009 - 10:56 PM
    On second thoughts, SecSip... I'm not a taurus man but definitely a taurus woman and what I cannot stand in a partner most of all is anything that sounds like weakness. My partner may be vulnerable, yes. No problem with that. But if he is like a little baby, clinging to my skirt, crying if I leave him (because for Gods sake I have to go to work you know), asking me in a very small voice if he will ever see me again, not showing any sign of an independent trait... Then the sex may be heaven and I may stick with him for a while just because the sex is so good. But that will only last for as long as I can bear all the rest - which is not very long. Us taureans are patient, so I give him some time to prove he does have guts after all. But if he shows no sign of a strong, independent character, I will know pretty soon that he is not The One. And drop him while I'm in a not so very patient mood. And show him it's definitely over by kissing someone else while I'm sure he's looking. That someone else may only serve the purpose of showing it's over though... But some people need stuff like that, especially people who are rather clinging.

Tue, August 25, 2009 - 9:17 AM
      I saw him looking down at me (us) and a friend of his while we were in a deep discussion about how much bad luck we have in relationships. I saw this out of the corner of my eye. If I ever glance at him he's never looking at me. This was before he left for a trip. I have since moved on because I met a guy on a fluke, a fellow Piscean, and it's so nice, yet weird, being the one being doted on for once.

He has not returned yet but I can't continue the cat and mouse game anymore with him. Though I can't get him out of my head I am sure in time it will fade.

Sun, September 6, 2009 - 5:08 PM
    After two weeks of not speaking at all to one another we have reconnected and it's so much nicer now.

Many of those things he did and still kinda does are all part of his Cancerian traits (the constant testing). So I basically have to deal with him as if he's a Cancer as was as a Taurus.

Fri, September 11, 2009 - 3:43 PM
      I'm a Scorpio and I was also with a Taurus man who acted just like the one you're seeing. Everything you described about him, described my Taurus guy to the tee. I am curious as to how things will pan out with the two of you since I have not spoken to my Taurus for almost two months and don't plan on contacting him.

Recent topics in "Taurus"